The world’s richest man Jeff Bezos, founder of ‘Amazon’ is popularly known as the ‘king’ of E-commerce. The idea of Amazon currently ruling the e-commerce market was conceived in a garage and transformed into one of the biggest marketplaces in the world.
With the internet growing rapidly and the number of mobile users increasing, e-commerce is booming day by day. Besides, the burgeoning demands in today’s world make e-commerce a very profitable business. Although, the competition is sky-rocketing as well. To survive this competition your business must be cutthroat and incorporate the best tools and strategies.
The market is flooded with online tools and apps which help people to open an online store of their own. While most of these are paid, some are free as well. To begin with, you can start your business without investing heftily in a website or buying a hosting server.
Here are 4 tools that allow you to open an online store free of cost. The article discusses the pros and cons of each tool as well to help you make a mindful decision.
Shopify is one of the best e-commerce solutions available worldwide. It is a user-friendly platform providing a plethora of themes to choose from and manage the inventory easily.
- You can manage your orders, inventory, and payments, all in one place using Shopify’s comprehensive dashboard.
- You can choose from 70+ drag and drop store themes available to customize your product library.
- It allows you to sell over social media like Facebook, etc as well.
- Shopify has a variety of payment processors making online payment easy and quick for the customers
- The Free(trial) plan lasts only 14 days. It can be expensive to use in the long-term as the basic plan starts at $29 a month.
- Does not provide email hosting.
Play Store Rating – 4.1
Ecwid is an e-commerce widget that is ideal if you have a running website and want to start an online store. You can add catalogs of products, set pricing, add pictures for all your offerings through Ecwid.
- Ecwid Instant Site is a basic one-page website allowing you to create an independent store. This makes it ideal for people whose website is in progress but who want to start the store immediately.
- Powered with around 80+ payment gateways, it eases the online payment process
- The paid plan allows multilingual online stores. Wherein, it changes language automatically based on the user’s browser setting.
- With a responsive store design, the app is user-friendly as well.
- The free plan only allows you to add only 10 products.
- It can be an expensive tool as you need to build a website first.
- There is no live chat or phone support on the free plan.
- It does not allow you to create an autonomous e-commerce website, rather you can add extensions.
Play Store Rating – 4.2
This application has been growing in popularity since the pandemic. A lot of small and medium-sized businesses are using this app to open their digital stores. You can create a sophisticated online shop using a wide variety of catalogs and sell online via Whatsapp and other social media.
- The app allows you to create your online store free of cost.
- Product upload on the Bikry app is hassle-free. You just need to scan the prospectus and upload the products from the digital library.
- Bikry has a wide range of up to 50,000 products.
- It provides instant payment settlement within 4 minutes.
- It allows you to sell your products without paying any commission to aggregators.
- There is no phone support for customer care available.
- Customers can not zoom in on the products in the portfolio.
Play Store Rating – 4.2
Another free e-commerce store builder is Shiprocket social. Here you can build your customized digital shop and a website for free. Once the store is built, it gets integrated with Shiprocket providing a seamless logistics and shipping system.
- It gives you the option of uploading unlimited products.
- You can market your products through Facebook and other social media for free.
- Provides great shipping solutions by having access to 26000+ pin codes.
- The cash on delivery reconciliation is time-consuming.
- The customer service is not up to the industry standards.
- Many customers face weight allocation issues with ShipRocket.
Play Store rating – 3.9
Opening an online store is not a strenuous task in the 21st century. With several digital tools available, you can start your online store from anywhere. The aforesaid platforms can make your digital store running in no time simultaneously saving you a lot of effort, and money.