CEO of Shuttershock Jon Oringer started his career while he was a college student. Starting with no money and 10 failed startups, Jon currently stands at a net worth of more than 1 billion. While starting any business, financial resources are considered necessary to make a dream, reality. However, in the 21st century, starting your business with no funding is doable. Yet, it’s easier said than done. Many people start a business in the hope of earning money but never reach the epitome of success. Having said that, to make a business dream reality, money is a booster rather than the essence.
In the internet era, making money online has become easier. Rather than thinking of a brick-and-mortar store, people now are setting up their ecommerce businesses. Additionally, working online does not require you to set up an office. All you need is a personal computer and an internet connection. Here are the top 4 ideas to make money wherein you can start working online with 0 investment.
Dropshipping is one of the best businesses you can start online with no investment. It is an online retail business where the seller sells goods without keeping inventory. The orders are directed to a third party who supplies the products. Let us see the steps involved in starting a dropshipping business for free.
- Niche – Choose what you are going to sell and to whom.
- Suppliers – Find the wholesalers/suppliers from whom you will outsource your products.
- Store – You can choose any reliable free ecommerce platform like the Bikry app to create your online store for free.
- Market – Promote your online store through your network to friends and family. You can also use social media free tools for promotion such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Blogging is another platform wherein you can earn money without investing anything. You can start blogging as a full-time career or a part-time choice. It is becoming the best choice for people who want flexibility in their work schedules. These are four tips you must keep in mind before starting blogging.
- Niche – Choose your blog name and the topic area that you will be hitting for your content. For instance, Food, Fashion, Travel, etc.
- Blog software – You need blog software to build your blog. WordPress is a free and the most popular platform to customize your blog.
- Web Hosting – Now you need to have web hosting to make your blogs available on the web. If you choose WordPress software you get a 60% off on Bluehost, allowing you to get your blog online. Otherwise, 000webhost is another free hosting platform.
- Write – Choose a blog topic from your niche using keyword research from Google Keyword Planner and start writing.
- Market – Promote your blog using social media, online forums, and email newsletters.
3. Affiliate marketing
Another attractive platform wherein you can start your online business with no initial investment is affiliate marketing. It allows you to earn money by promoting the merchant’s offerings on your website and then earn a commission from the profits. It is no easy money and requires a lot of effort and dedication. The basic requirement of affiliate marketing is choosing an affiliate platform and creating content. Some of the popular affiliate platforms available are Flipkart Affiliate, DGM India, Shopify Affiliate.
Here are some of the content-creating platforms wherein you can start affiliate marketing and earn money.
- Blog Posts – You can insert affiliate links in your active blog posts if you are a blogger.
- Videos – You can use Youtube, a free channel to make videos like Listicles, Product reviews, How-to videos, and Product comparisons.
- Ebooks & Guides – You can write an ebook or a guide on your niche and make it available to the public for free.
5. Virtual assistant
With remote work culture on the rise, many entrepreneurs require virtual support. Be it marketing, operations, or administrative jobs, the need for virtual assistants is on the rise. All you need to do is set up a home office and start working. Here’s how you can become a virtual assistant with no money.
- Niche – Determine your niche and the services you will offer.
- Pricing -Put a price with each service and make a customized catalog. You can use Canva and use free templates.
- Search Clients – Identify where you can get potential clients requiring your services. Linkedin and Facebook groups can help you connect more.
- Quality Services – Provide timely services and deliver value in your work.
In the digital age, a creative idea can level up your business and help you accomplish success. Following the above ways and keeping up with the current trends can get your online business started in no time with zero investment.